Call for Paper Proposals: The 52nd JAAS Annual Meeting
"Independent Paper Sessions"
The 52nd Annual Conference of the Japanese Association for American Studies
The University of Kitakyushu, Fukuoka, Japan
The 52nd JAAS Annual Meeting will be held on June 2nd and 3rd, 2018 at The University of Kitakyushu in Fukuoka. The JAAS Annual Meeting Program Coordinating Committee invites JAAS members to send paper proposals for the "Independent Paper Sessions" to be held on June 2nd. If you are interested in giving a paper, please send by email a proposal that includes (1) your name, (2) your affiliation, (3) the title of your paper, (4) a summary of your paper (approximately 800 words) and (5) five keywords to the JAAS Annual Meeting Organizing Committee (email@example.com) by November 20th, 2017.
[Proposal from Japan] Only JAAS members can present at an independent paper session. Non-members wishing to present must apply for membership. Proposal submitted by a non-member will be reviewed when the membership is approved and the dues are paid in full.
[Proposal from outside Japan] Non-members can submit a proposal. When the paper is accepted, you should register before March 1st to ensure your presentation. Registration fee is 12,000 JPY (including a conference dinner held on the evening of June 2nd). Please note that registration fee is non-refundable.
You can present a paper in the "Independent Paper Sessions" two years in a row, but not three years. A previously published paper will not be accepted.
If your proposal is accepted, you will be asked to submit your full paper (approximately 5,000 to 7,500 words) to the JAAS Annual Meeting Office by May 15th, 2018. The paper will be posted at the JAAS Internet site for two weeks before and after the Annual Meeting; it will be protected by a password that will be given to JAAS members only.
Your presentation in the "Independent Paper Sessions" in the Annual Meeting cannot exceed twenty minutes.
JAAS Annual Meeting Organizing Committee (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Past Annual Meetings
- 51st Annual Meeting, June 3-4, 2017, at Waseda University
- 50th Annual Meeting, June 4-5, 2016, at Tokyo Women's Christian University
- 49th Annual Meeting, June 6-7, 2015, at International Christian University
- 48th Annual Meeting, June 7-8, 2014, at Okinawa Convention Center
- 47th Annual Meeting, June 1-2, 2013, at Tokyo University of Foreign Studies
- 46th Annual Meeting, June 2-3, 2012, at Nagoya University
- 45th Annual Meeting, June 4-5, 2011, at the University of Tokyo, Komaba
- 44th Annual Meeting, June 5-6, 2010, at Osaka University
- 43rd Annual Meeting, June 6-7, 2009, at Tsuda College
- 42nd Annual Meeting, May 31-June 1, 2008, at Doshisha University
- 41st Annual Meeting, June 9-10, 2007, at Rikkyo University
- 40th Annual Meeting, June 10-11, 2006 (International Symposium, June 9, 2006) at Nanzan University
- 39th Annual Meeting, June 4-5, 2005, at Kyoto University
- 38th Annual Meeting, June 5-6, 2004, at Japan Women's University
- 37th Annual Meeting, May 31-June 1, 2003, at Kobe University
- 36th Annual Meeting, June 1-2, 2002, at Meiji University
- 35th Annual Meeting, June 2-3, 2001, at Aichi Prefectural University
- 34th Annual Meeting, June 3-4, 2000, at Tezukayama University
- 33rd Annual Meeting, June 5-6, 1999, at Taisho University